Technology (Sunday)
Business (Monday)
Arts & Ent (Tuesday)
Health & Lifestyle (Wednesday)
Sport (Thursday)
Travel (Friday)
Food (Saturday)
Get the latest news from Channel 2 courtesy of Jerusalem Online
Kol Israel International
SomethingJewish
DailyJews
JewishJokes
SomeoneJewish
Jewish.net
JewishReunion
JewishSingles
JewishDating
JewishBlogging
Points of Jew
Jewish PR Blog

PRINT THIS PAGE
EMAIL THIS TO A FRIEND
Women leading kibbutz business by: Tani Goldstein, Ynetnews
FILED UNDER SOMETHINGISRAELI >> Business

Kibbutz
Kibbutz

Over the last five years 2,000 small businesses were opened in kibbutzim in Israel with women opening 680 of them and having a joint annual turnover amounts to NIS 100 million ($2.2 million).

The most popular new businesses in kibbutzim are art workshops, spas, shops and tourist attractions.

According to the Kibbutz Industries Association, 95 percent of the new businesses are owned by the commune, with the remaining 5 percent belonging to individual residents.

"The process of opening these businesses is a result of changes within kibbutzim, which include making agricultural centers profitable, privatization, and cutting the workforce in some sectors," said Batia Rockman of the small business division of the Kibbutz Movement.

Rockman said kibbutzim prefer to invest in small business adventures rather than making risky investments.

"The opening of businesses by women in kibbutzim allows them to develop economic independence and assists the kibbutz commune. In some cases various assistance measures is required from the kibbutz," she said.
 
The small business division advises kibbutzim on business loans and provides professional business advice.

Reproduced with permission: Ynet



SomethingIsraeli.com © 2005 - 2006 | a JMT Ventures site | Contact Us | Terms of Use